These brownies are so fudgy, you won't believe they're eggless and made with whole wheat flour!
Makes: One loaf pan of brownies
1/3 cup unsalted butter (76g)
1/3 cup chopped chocolate-to melt
2 teaspoons coffee powder
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup soft light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup chopped chocolate-for topping and to fold into the batter
I also made a video to make this recipe easier to understand:
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2) Cube your butter and add that to a jug along with the chopped chocolate (to melt). Microwave it for 1 minute.
3) While it's still hot add in the coffee powder and the cocoa powder, stir till combined.
4) Then add in the soft light brown sugar and honey, mix it up.
5) Add in your milk and stir till the mixture is smooth, set the wet mixture to the side.
6) In a separate bowl add in the whole wheat flour and then pour in the wet mixture.
7) Roughly stir this together before adding half of the chopped chocolate (for topping and folding into the batter). Fold this together.
8) Grease a loaf pan with vegetable oil and then line with a piece of parchment paper before greasing the top of the parchment paper with some more oil so it doesn't stick.
10) Bake it in the oven for 18-20 minutes and let it cool completely before cutting into squares. to fold into the batter).
10)Bake it in the oven for 18-20 minutes and let it cool completely before cutting into squares.